Part-time Shalom Bayit Coordinator (32 hours per week)
Shalom Bayit – safety in the home – is one of the highest values of Judaism. The Shalom Bayit program is a domestic violence program that provides prevention and intervention services. Jewish Family Service Calgary is seeking a Shalom Bayit Support Worker who engages in the Jewish values of compassion, improving the world (Tikkun Olam), and social justice.
- Direct Client Support including system navigation, resourcing, advocacy, capacity building and contextualizing the experiences of domestic violence within a Jewish context.
- Consulting and advocating with community agencies regarding domestic violence issues.
- Delivering programs to schools, youth groups and camps in the Jewish community.
- Case Management including reporting, data collection, and client file management.
- Diploma/Degree in social work or related field
- Ability to be registered with a governing body (ie: ACSW)
- Well versed in the area of domestic violence
- Experience in case management
- Experience in social and educational program delivery
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Vehicle and acceptable driving record
- Clear Police Security and Vulnerable Sector Check
- Clear Child Intervention Record Check
- Knowledge of Jewish culture and traditions are an asset
- Hebrew or Russian language competency are an asset
JFSC strives to strengthen individuals, families and community through Jewish traditions and values. We work in a holistic and client centered philosophy by providing our clients wraparound services. We are a non-denominational, not for profit agency with over 50 years’ experience providing quality services.
Please submit resumes and cover letter by June 3, 2018 to: Tanya Muschanov, Team Lead Shalom Bayit firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Claims Conference Home Care Program - Support Worker
JFSC is looking for compassionate, gentle caregivers with a passion for the elderly. We will be providing care to Holocaust Survivors so they are able to continue living comfortably and independently in their own home. Responsibility, compassion, time management, trustworthiness, and Russian language fluency are the key traits we are looking for.
- Personal Support Worker Certificate/Diploma or foreign credentials in the health/social service fields an asset.
- Previous caregiver / Support worker experience
- Previous experience working with older adults
- Current Standard First Aid Certificate
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Good oral and written communication skills – Russian language an asset
- Excellent interpersonal and organization skills
- Access to a vehicle and Class 5 License
- Clean Police Check and Drivers Abstract
Meal preparation, light housekeeping, grocery shopping and medical appointment accompaniment, socialization activities and personal care.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.