Part Time - Sharing our Memories Project Coordinator
“Sharing our Memories: A Project of Storytelling for Holocaust Survivors” is a project that will document Holocaust Survivors’ stories, and publish them as books and collections. The project involves coordinating survivors and volunteers where volunteers will listen, record and transcribe the stories. The project intends to create a legacy for the Survivors and preserve their stories for future generations. It serves to raise current awareness for the greater population to the life experiences of trauma and its impact on the lives of Survivors. The project also aims to increase community participation of older adult volunteers, reduce social isolation and involve multi-generational programming.
The Project Coordinator must possess a robust knowledge of the history of the persecution of Holocaust survivors and fluency in speaking and reading the Russian language.
- Coordinate the execution of the project within a 12 month time period
- Outreach and recruitment of Survivors
- Work with Holocaust Survivors, families, volunteers, Azrieli Foundation, members of the community, a planning committee, and JFSC Survivor Team staff
- Facilitate the interviewing of Russian speaking holocaust survivors, recording of their stories, editing and the translation to English
- Formal project evaluation throughout its duration.
- Coordination of 4 readings in the community to various populations
- Planning of a project celebration honouring volunteers and participants.
- Working with Azrieli Foundation for publication and distribution
- Submission of final report to funders
- Flexible hours and schedule average of 5-6 hours per week
- Robust knowledge of the history of persecution of Holocaust survivors and its impact on survivors and their families
- Fluency in speaking and reading the Russian language
- Fluency in speaking, reading and writing the English language
- Experience in working with older adults and a good understanding of their unique needs
- Experience and comfort working with clients in their home, community or office setting
- Excellent rapport building, communication, assessment and interviewing skills
- Ability to adhere to strict deadlines
- Ability to keep accurate client records and statistics
- Evidence of good professional skills and boundaries
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently and within a team
- A reliable vehicle, valid operator’s license and clean driving record
- Successful Police Information Check Report (Criminal Record)
Please submit resume and cover letter to the CSS Director at: email@example.com or fax: 403.287.3735
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.